March 27, 2009 Update: Finally the Gods at WordPress.com heard and have now launched a widget for Twitter. All you need to do now is to goto Appearance>Widgets. Select the Twitter widget and punch in your username. Thats all!
Update: Twiiter has now introduced authentication for the RSS feed. As a result the solution in this post would not work on wordpress.com; am looking for a way to circumvent that.
I finally got Twitter-ed last week; had been avoiding it since a few months. I guess I finally gave in to the temptation!
- Open Twitter. On your homepage, scroll down. Click on RSS.
- Copy the URL which opens up. It would look like similar to this:
- Login to WordPress.com, navigated to Design>Widgets
- Select RSS Add, drag and drop to your widget bar.
- Select Edit, type in the RSS feed URL (copied in Step 2) in space given. Type in a title and click Change. Finally click on Save Changes. The snapshot is given below: